Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Upstarts, round 2


The second night of the Upstarts workshops was hosted by DCoy in Ringsend. Head honchos Elaine McDevitt and Mary Doherty were in attendance to run the rule over the squad.


Many interesting angles on the Music in Gardens event were presented, including rainbows, soundwaves, plasticine, mirrors, sunshine, general organicity, French horns and defacing trees. A quiet word has been had and next week the Officeless snapper may remember to take a few photos.

My own response to the brief was based on the tunes of the St George's Brass Band brought to life in the surroundings of the gardens. I made a meal of my presentation and I didn’t explain my ideas very well; lesson learned for next time.



Invite as a packet of seeds:



All in all a good night with lots of advice and pointers from Steve Smith, Gavan Duffy and the ‘ICAD Mams’.

AOB: Electric Picnic, fluorescent ink and free sandwiches.

No comments: